To all friends and supporters of the Julius & Dora Children’s Centre in Maseno, Kenya
Here are the latest news and photos of the children at the Julius & Dora Children’s Centre (J&D), in the Autumn Newsletter 24.
‘Hot off the press’! Some of the photos were only taken yesterday, of the children enjoying an exciting special trip to an Animal Park.
The children and staff are sending you their good wishes for a joyful Christmas, and their thanks for your all your generous support, concern and prayers over the past year.
- Riziki, Baraka and Steven (our 3 eldest children at Secondary School) have settled in well and are enjoying boarding school.
- Our 6 youngest babies were baptized in September.
- In this newsletter there are photos of each of the children, and personal news and updates on each.
We thank God:
- that over the past few months everyone has been fine health-wise – children and staff.
- for the delight of seeing the children ‘blossoming’ and developing their own unique characters.
- for the generosity of the Soroptimists in building our new dining room and kitchen (see the Newsletter),
- for many very generous donations and regular giving from individuals, and for money raised by churches, events and concerts (e.g. the Lakes Gospel Choir).
Please pray for:
- The children, that God will continue to watch over them and grow them in wisdom, maturity and faith
- Flossie, the teachers and care staff at J&D (more info and photos of them in this Newsletter)
- Enough money to be able to pay the children’s school fees for next year – especially for the term that starts at Easter, which will be a challenge!
- The resources to finish the dining room, with flooring tiles, tables and benches
- That we will receive some refurbished computers. (We have applied to 3 charities who send IT equipment to Africa. If you have any experience or suggestions about this, do let us know!). The children now need computers to do the homework the schools are setting them.
Do let me know if you have any friends who would like to receive the J&D newsletters. Contact us here.
Thank you so much for all your caring and giving for the children at J&D.
May God be with you and bless you
All good wishes
Read more – Download full newsletter