How is the Julius & Dora Children’s Centre Funded?
All the costs of J & D Children’s Centre are covered by the generosity of individuals. A little goes a long way to save and transform the life of a child.
Currently our costs are about £52,000 per year. This includes basic regular running costs of around £25,000 per year, plus school fees averaging £930 per year for each school-age child.
The UK trustees are actively involved and all give their time freely, so all money raised goes directly to support the children. J&D’s only administration cost is the bank’s transfer charge 3 times per year.
All our income is from individual supporters. Regular giving helps us to secure our children’s future.
There are many ways you can help:
If you can give financially, please consider one of the following:
Sponsor a Child
Your sponsorship will help cover the costs for a child’s food, clothes and medical care. Sponsoring a child is a wonderful way to feel involved and see your child grow and develop. Please get in touch for details – see our “Contact Us” page.
Other regular giving helps us cover our ongoing, essential costs, such as:
- Electricity, cooking fuel and water rates
- House parents and carers’ wages
- House and garden maintenance
- School fees and costs
A One-off Donation
Larger, one-off donations are used for particular projects (see ‘Projects’ page), and to improve the facilities we can provide for the children at Maseno.
Other ways you can help:
- Tell your friends about J & D
- Organise or help at fundraising events
- Shop online with “Give as You Live”: It’s easy and costs you nothing – many highstreet companies will make a donation to your chosen charity every time you buy online from them (eg. Amazon, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Boots, Ryman, Bodyshop, John Lewis, etc). Just register “Friends of Julius and Dora Children’s Centre, Maseno” as your preferred charity.
Click to get started!
To keep in touch with what we are doing, do ask us to send you the J & D supporters’ newsletter four times per year. Just contact us via the contact page on this website.
JD Funding Proposal
As the number of children we care for is increasing rapidly, we urgently need further finance in order to provide extra carers, accommodation, food and school fees. Click on this ‘JD Funding Proposal’ link for further details…..